Registration is now open for the 125th Anniversary Bake Off at Pioneer Day!
If you are an Amateur, Professional or Youth (under 18), submit either an Apple Pie, Cobbler or Cupcakes for a chance to win an award and major bragging rights.
The judges for the BAKE OFF are Brigit Binns, cookbook author; Andre Averseng, owner and chef of Paso Terra Seafood; and Sara Jester, pastry chef for Artisan Restaurant.
If you’d like to participate in this fun event, here are more details:
Contest Rules for Pioneer Day Bake-Off
- Pre-registration opens 9/12/2014 and closes 9/30/2014. Register below.
- Submissions must be home cooked (not store bought).
- Contestants may submit only one entry.
- Contestants can be Amateurs, Professionals or Youth under the age of 18.
- Categories for baked items are:
a. Apple pie
- Please do not submit anything that requires refrigeration.
- Please deliver your entry in a disposable container or serving dish.
- Each submission should include a registration form. Preregister below by 9/30 (preferred, it helps us stay organized) or register the day of the bake off by 10am at the park.
- All submissions will become property of the 125th Anniversary committee, to be used in the cake walk.
- Winning recipes may be posted on the 125th anniversary website with winners’ permission.
- Check-in is from 8:00am to 10:00am on Pioneer Day, October 11, 2014, in the City Park gazebo.
- The Contest Representatives are Jennifer Bravo and Rene Zavala, assisted by volunteers Pam and Jack Alch.
- Awards will be given out at 2:00PM.
The Scoring System:
- Each contestant will be assigned a number for judging so the contestants will be anonymous.
- Submissions will be judged on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest.
- Submissions will be judged on taste and appearance.
- The Contest Representatives will tally all of the ballots. The contestant with the highest score in each category will be the winner of that category.
WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT 2:00PM THE DAY OF THE CONTEST.
YOU NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN.
Rules are subject to change.